Diabetes Education Program
The Novo Nordisk Inc.’s Diabetes Education Program is awarded NCQA Disease Management Certification in Program Design. NCQA Certification is an indication that a Disease Management Program has passed a rigorous review in a specific area, either program design or disease management systems.
The Diabetes Education Program was evaluated on the following 5 categories:
- Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines
- The program’s content for educational materials used clinical evidence guidelines
- Patient Services
- The program encourages patient self-management behavior to enable good outcomes
- Practitioner Support
- The program supports our customers’ plan of care by providing them with actionable and timely information to support patient needs
- Measurement and Quality Improvement
- The program has a quality improvement process in place to evaluate its effectiveness and to identify, measure, and act upon opportunities to improve processes and outcomes
- Program Operation
- The program supports and maintains the operational aspects of the DEP that are important to its success
NCQA Disease Management standards are intended to help organizations achieve the highest level of performance possible, reduce patient risk, and create an environment of continuous quality improvement.
NCQA Disease Management Certification standards are developed with input from researchers in the field, the Disease Management Advisory Council (DMAC) and standing committee, employers, both purchasers and operators of disease management programs, state and federal regulators, and other experts.